Music is a big part of our lives, and even in today’s digital era, people still listen to music on their phones. While streaming services like Spotify and Pandora can be excellent for accessing your favorite songs at any time, there may be times when you want to have your library of music accessible whenever you want it.
If you have an expansive library of songs saved from other sources (like CDs or various files from friends), downloading the music directly onto it is the best way to access them easily on your phone. However, this process isn’t as simple as it may seem at first glance. Depending on what kind of phone you have, different methods of downloading music differ based on OS and software versions. Here are some helpful tips on downloading music onto your phone so you can listen whenever you’d like.
There are many ways to download music to your phone.
- One way is to purchase music from a digital store such as iTunes or Amazon MP3. Once you have purchased the music, you can download it directly to your phone.
- Another way to download music is to transfer files from your computer to your phone. This can be done using a USB cable, Bluetooth, or other methods. Once the files are on your phone, you can play them using a music player app.
- Several streaming music services allow you to listen to music on your phone without downloading any files. Some of these services, such as Pandora, are free to use, while others, such as Spotify, require a subscription.
- Go to the App Store and download an app like Spotify or Apple Music
- Create an account and log in
- Search for the song you want to download and select it.
- Click the download button.
- Tap the search bar and type in the name of the song or artist you want to download.
- Tap the song or artist to open the results page.
- Tap +ADD to add the song to your shopping cart.
- Tap the shopping cart icon.
- Tap BUY ALL to confirm your purchase.
Don’t Forget to Backup Your Music Before You Begin
This may seem like an obvious tip, but you never know when your phone might have a glitch or if you might accidentally delete a file. If you’re planning on downloading music onto your phone, make sure that you have a way to save your music files locally so that you don’t lose them.
You can save songs to your device’s internal memory or transfer them to external cloud storage such as Google Drive or Dropbox and then download them when you want to listen. Another thing to remember is that downloading music onto your phone will use up space on your device, so make sure you have enough room to store your files. You may want to look into increasing your phone’s storage by deleting unused apps, removing photos and videos, or upgrading to a more spacious device.
Download Free Music from YouTube
To download free Music from YouTube, you must search for the song you want and copy the URL from the browser. Open up the “Music” app on your device, tap the “+” symbol (or the “New Playlist” if you want to create a playlist of songs), and then paste the URL into the box to save the song. You can then tap on the song and select “Download” to save the song, and it will be saved to your device as an MP3 file.
You can also use a browser extension like MP3 from YouTube to download music directly through the browser. Open YouTube, select the song you want to download, click “More,” and then “Download MP3”.
Download Paid music from iTunes and Google Play
If you want to download paid music from iTunes or Google Play, you’ll first want to make sure that your phone is connected to the internet so that it can verify your account details. Then, you must find the song you want to download and click “Buy.” Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to download the song and play it offline once it’s been purchased.
If you’re downloading Music from Google Play, make sure you’re logged in to your account and select the song you want to download. Next, click the “Cloud” icon and select “Download” to download the song to your device. If you’re downloading from iTunes, select “Buy Song” from the song’s page, and then click “Download” to download the song to your device.
Download Free Music from Dropbox
You can download free music directly from Dropbox by uploading your music files through the Dropbox app. Select “Files,” click “Upload Files,” select the music files that you want to upload, and then click “Upload.” Once the music files are uploaded, you can click “Play” to play them and then “Download” to download them to your device.
You can also download free Music from Dropbox by creating a new playlist and clicking the “Share” button. Click “More,” select “More Actions,” and then select “Download” to download the music files to your device. You can browse through the music files in the Dropbox app and download your favorites. You can also select “View” and “Download” to download music from a shared Dropbox folder.
There are many ways to download music to your phone; try each to determine which is best for you.