There might be several reasons why you no longer want to use Instagram. You can delete the app, temporarily disable your account, and delete the account as well. If you select the first or the second option, you can come back to Instagram anytime. However, if you choose the third one, you must create a new Instagram account if you wish to return. In addition, you won’t be able to use the same username. Here’s how to delete an Instagram account on your iPhone.
How to delete an Instagram account on your iPhone
If you want to delete your account, remember that all your photos and videos will be permanently deleted.
Deleting the account requires quite a few steps, but don’t worry; it is not complicated. Here is what you need to do:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone
- Tap on your Profile photo
- Next, tap on the Settings icon and click on Settings
- Now click on Help, then click on Help Center
- Select the option “Managing your account.”
- Now click on Delete Your Account
- Next, click on How do I delete my Instagram account
- Scroll down and click on Delete Your Account – you will be automatically taken to the dedicated page
- Select the reason why you want to delete your account
- You will be asked to enter your password
- After that, click on “Permanently delete my account.”
- You will be asked to confirm the action
- Click OK.
These are the steps to go through if you want to delete your account. Again, keep in mind that if you wish to return to Instagram, you will have to create a new account, and you won’t be able to use the same username.