Some Common IOS 8 Problems And Their Fixes
The Apple’s iOS 8 was launched to fix the problems of the previous version of iOS 7 Operating System for the
The Apple’s iOS 8 was launched to fix the problems of the previous version of iOS 7 Operating System for the
The Apple’s iOS 8 was launched to fix the problems of the previous version of iOS 7 Operating System for the Apple devices. However, just like any other operating system, even iOS 8 is not alone. The users have experienced several problems while downloading and installing the iOS 8 version. Much of the problems and issues were encountered during the upgrading to iOS 8 and higher versions of the operating system.
Here are some of the common problems faced by the users and their fixes that could help them resolve the same:
Not Enough Space to Upgrade iOS 8
This is the most common issue that is faced by the users as they would be upgrading to iOS 8 from the previous OS version or to the advanced versions of iOS 8. However, the users should not fret over the same as there are various possible solutions for this problem.
For updating the Apple device to iOS 8, you would need around 5 GB of free storage space on your Apple device. If your device does not have the required storage space, then you might not be able to get the OS update. Therefore, you must check into the storage area of the device. You can do so by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is not ample free space on your Apple device, then there is no choice rather than to delete some of the pictures, videos, unnecessary apps and so more from the device. You can store them as back up on your email id or laptop for further reference.
Delete Data & Make Some Space on the Apple Device
- Remove the stored images from the Apple device. You can store the pictures at some other place like a laptop, email id or hard disk to restore them when you would need them.
- Delete the unnecessary apps and games from the device. If you cannot delete them, then you can transfer the same to another device with the help of any third-party app that would not let you lose any personal data from the games or apps.
- Delete the junk files, log files, temporary files along with cache and cookies for freeing up space on your Apple device. There are a lot of junk files that are not required by the device and are simply utilizing the space of your device. You can make use of third-party apps or tools that can help in the removal of junk files, cache and cookies from the memory of the device. It can bring down around 60 percent of the space on your device.
- Delete the iMessage or other irrelevant text messages. Once you have deleted the messages and have storage on the device, then you can proceed to the Settings > General > Software Update. Here, you can click the update icon and wait for the iOS 8 for installing on the Apple device.
Getting Stuck While Downloading & Installing iOS 8
A common complaint that has come from various users is that the phone seems to get stuck while upgrading their Apple device to iOS 8 from the previous OS versions. However, this issue can be easily resolved by following some easy steps.
- It takes some time for the upgrading of iOS 8 from downloading and installing the same. You can wait patiently for the same.
- You can try rebooting the Apple device by holding down the Home button along with Sleep/ Wake button for a few seconds. Once your device has rebooted, you can go to Settings > General > About. Here, you can check whether the download process has resumed or not. If it has not resumed automatically, then you would need to restart the upgrading process.
Crashing of Apps or Unable to Load Properly
This is another difficult situation that might be faced by the users in case of upgrading their Apple devices from the previous iOS versions to iOS 8.
This problem can be resolved easily in the following manner:
- You would need to double tap the Home button and then swipe clean all the apps which are failing to open or are crashing on opening them. Once this is done, you can try reloading the apps once again.
- In case the problem is yet not solved, then you can try holding down the Home button along with the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen of your device. This would restart the device and could resolve the problem of the crashing of the apps.
- The apps should be able to update automatically. If it is not so under the Automatic Downloads, then you can check the same by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Here, you can turn on the feature to automatically update the apps on upgrading the device.
- If the problem is yet not fixed, then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the particular app.
- Try a factory reset of the Apple device. Go to Settings > General > Reset and then select the option “Erase All Content and Settings”. However, before doing this, you must ensure that you have created a proper backup of the confidential information from your device to prevent any loss of the same.
Cannot Send or Receive Messages
With the upgrade of the iOS 8 version, you would receive various features like the ability to send photographs, assign titles to the threads, addition or removal of individuals to a group and so more. If you are facing problems with sending or receiving the messages on your Apple device, then you can fix the same by following the steps like:
- Go to Settings and then select the icon Messages. You can then click the slider to turn, send as SMS and turn the iMessage off.
- From the Settings menu, you can proceed to the General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This would delete all the available settings on your Apple device. Hence, you must create a backup of important information present on the device before carrying out this action.
- Go back to Settings > Messages and then turn on the Send as SMS option. You would also need to turn on the iMessage icon once again.
iPhone will Not Turn on iOS 8 Update
You must have updated to the latest version of iOS 8 with a hope to add some new features to the iPhone. However, if your iPhone fails to turn on after getting the update done, then this could be a serious issue. This is a common problem faced by several users who have upgraded their device to iOS 8 from the previous version.
If you are facing the same, then you can act in the following manner:
- Press the Home button along with the Sleep/Wake button together for some time. This would make the Apple logo appear on the screen and your iPhone would restart on its own.
- If the iPhone wouldn’t start even after this, then you can carry out a factory reset of the phone. However, you must ensure that you have created a backup of everything on your iPhone as this shall delete all the information present on the device.
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity Issues
Several users have reported common issues with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity on their Apple devices once they have upgraded to the iOS 8 version of the operating system.
There are several issues like Wi-Fi not connecting, Wi-Fi connected and still no Internet connection, Bluetooth failing to detect or connect to another device and so more. If your Apple device is facing the same issue, then here are some potential solutions to the same:
- The Wi-Fi issue can be resolved by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The Apple system would then prompt you to enter the passcode for rebooting the device. You must ensure that you remember the passwords of Wi-Fi connection as these would be erased during the reset process.
- The Bluetooth problems faced by the Apple devices could be resolved by going to Settings > General > Reset. From here, you can select the option Reset All Settings. All your saved settings would be lost. You would have to set them again and the Bluetooth might start functioning again normally.
iOS 8 is Taking a Long Time to Upgrade
Several users have come with the issue that when they are trying to upgrade the Apple device to the latest version of the iOS 8, then it is taking too long to get completed. If this is the case with your device as well, then here are some possible fixes to the same:
- There is a possibility that your Wi-Fi connection is slow that could result in the time-taking process. Therefore, you can try connecting to the faster Wi-Fi network for ensuring that iOS 8 update takes place quite instantly.
- Another option would be to use the iTunes for the installation of the iOS 8 version. You can also use the iOS 8 direct download links from the official site of Apple.
Battery Draining Issues
It is a common complaint of the users that they face their battery to be draining too quickly after they have upgraded the Apple devices to the iOS 8 version. The battery would drain out 50 percent faster in just some hours than before the update. However, this issue too can be solved easily by doing the following:
- You can trace the apps which might be draining the battery of your Apple device. You can go to Settings > Usage > Battery Usage. From here, you can check the apps that are utilizing more battery life of the particular device. If the apps are not in use for the time being, then you can disable the same to save some battery of your device.
- One cannot imagine the Apple devices without the use of the Internet. However, the continuous usage of the Internet also tends to consume a lot of battery life of the particular device. Especially, if you are using 3G or 4G Internet services, then the battery of your Apple device would drain much faster. Therefore, it is recommended to switch off the phone’s Internet usage in case you are not in need of the same. For doing this, you can go to Settings > Mobile and then press the icon Mobile Data Switch.
- With just the iOS 8 OS version on your Apple devices, there are higher chances that the battery life of the particular device would go poorly. You can fix the same by simply restarting your device to sort out a few issues with some software on the device that could be consuming the excess battery. For ensuring a soft reset, you can press down the power button along with the home button which would simply restart your Apple device.
- If you wish to stop a particular background app completely that has been consuming the battery too much, then you can go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. Here, you can toggle this option off. The users can also manage the app settings of each app in the Apple device to save some battery life.
- The screen of the device also tends to consume a lot of battery life. The greater is the brightness of the screen, the greater battery capacity it would eat up. Therefore, to save some battery, you can turn off the auto brightness feature of the device. At the same time, you can manually control the brightness of the screen to a minimal level such that you are just able to view what is there on the screen.
- You must also check that the auto lock feature of the device is set to one minute. You can do so by going to Settings > General > Auto Lock. Here, you can check the same and set it to one minute such that the screen gets automatically locked when idle.
- In case you are not using the Bluetooth or sharing any content via the same, then you must turn it off as it too would eat a lot of your device’s battery.
Sound Not Working Properly
The users of iPad usually complain about the fact that the sound of their device is not working properly after they had made the upgrade to iOS 8 from the previous version of the operating system.
In case, you are also facing this issue, then you can resolve the same by:
- Hold down the Home button along with the Sleep/Wake button together for a few moments until you come across the logo of Apple on the screen. This would restart your device and the sound might return to its original quality.
- You must also ensure that you have not ticked the Mute icon by mistake and are unaware of the same. You can check the same by swiping up the screen and then checking the icon that is present on the right section of the Control Center.